- ISME 34th Conference and Regional Conferences
- ISME 34th Conference and Regional Conferences
- Conferences & Calls
- jailbreak – musical inclusion in penal institutions
- Journal of Popular Music Education – Special issue on Learning, Teaching and Making Popular Music Online
- Position Vacancies
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Instrumental Music Education – Oakland University
- Visiting Instructor/Assistant Professor of Music Education and Voice – Ouachita Baptist University
- Lecturer and Music Education Degree Program Coordinator (Instrumental Music Education specialist) – University of Dayton
- Director of Symphonic Wind Ensemble – Virginia Tech
View the full newsletter here: http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1102570574389&ca=6441cefa-6180-4abb-9dfe-8c28017d1086
- Mountain Lake Colloquium – Registration Closes May 1st!
- YouTube Broadcast of Learning Music Through Play in Out-of-School Contexts
- ISME Legacy Conference – Istanbul 2019
- European Association for Music in Schools (EAS) 2019 – Registration deadline closes May 1!
- Editor Position – Research and Issues in Music Education (RIME)
- Musical Activism and Agency: Contestations and Confluences Pre-Conference Symposium
- Submit to Inaugural Issues of the International Journal of Music in Early Childhood (IJMEC)
- Assistant Professor of Music Education – The College of St. Scholastica
Read the entire newsletter here: http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1102570574389&ca=5c053030-071d-4e33-ab46-73dd0e687315
In this issue of the newsletter you will find:
– Congrats to Lisa DeLorenzo on her book, “Teaching Music: The Urban Experience” (https://goo.gl/Ahf7Hq).
– @ISPME The International Society for the Philosophy of Music Education is pleased to announce keynote speakers Michael Apple and Ruben Gaztambide-Fernandez for ISPME Symposium XII, to be held this June at Western University.
– A Call for Responses to January 2019, TOPICS article by Jennifer Mellizo (http://topics.maydaygroup.org).
– Mountain Lake Colloquium reminds all to register for the 2019 Colloquium and book rooms ASAP> The hotel will release rooms in the block on March 19th.
– Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Music Education @ University of York
– Assistant Professor, Music Education Program @ LaGrange College
– Visiting Assistant Professor of Music – Choral Music Education @ Coe College
Read the full newsletter @: https://goo.gl/okHb8z
In this edition of the newsletter, you can find details about the International Fjord Summer School, the Disability Studies and Music Education Symposium, the Challenges in Music Education International Conference, and information on ISME 2019 regional conferences. There are also several position vacancies.
– Now available for pre-order: Music Education for Social Change: Constructing an Activist Music Education by -Juliet Hess (https://goo.gl/Zbrz3v)
– Registration Open – International Fjord Summer School 2019 (https://goo.gl/8Dccgn)
Conferences & Calls
– Disability Studies and Music Education Symposium
Registration Open ( https://goo.gl/EFBgu5.)
– ISME Regional Conferences
Challenges in Music Education International Conference (https://goo.gl/SKB4nC)
– Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Music (Voice) @ Central College
– Assistant Professor of Music Education @ Coastal Carolina University
– Music Instructor (Choral) @ Black Hawk College
– Assistant Professor of Music Education @ University of Central Florida
– Visiting Assistant Professor of Music (Instrumental) College of Wooster
– Assistant or Associate Professor (Director of Choral Activities) @ University of Nebraska at Kearney
Read the full newsletter here: https://goo.gl/Vq7qLy
The MayDay Group wishes to extend congratulations to Dawn Bennett, Jennifer Rowley, and Patrick Schmidt on the publication of two new books: Leadership and Musician Development in Higher Education; and Leadership of Pedagogy and Curriculum in Higher Music Education. Well done!
The International Symposium on the Sociology of Music Education (ISSME) registration is now open. To read about the conference and register, please visit the website below. For those who were considering submitting a proposal to the Learning Music Through Play in Out-of-School Context conference, you’ll be pleased to hear that the deadline has been extended.
Lastly, there are several position vacancies for those on the job hunt, including:
- Director of Choral Studies – University of South Florida
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Music Education – Bucknell University
- Assistant Professor of Music – Adelphi University
- Assistant Professor/Director of Choral Activities – University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
- Assistant Professor of Music Education – University of Missouri-St. Louis
Read the complete newsletter: https://goo.gl/VG7gtx
In this edition of the newsletter, you will find information on the new journal Qualitative Research in Music Education (Jennifer S. Walter, editor); an update from the European Association for Music in Schools, and several position vacancies at:
- Athletic Band Director and Instructor of Instrumental Music Education – Ouachita Baptist University
- Associate Director of Bands – Appalachian State University
- Full Time Faculty, Music – College of DuPage
- Visiting Instructor/Assistant Professor of Music & Director of Bands – McMurry University
- Instructional Assistant Professor / Associate Director of Bands (Non-Tenure Track) – University of Houston, Moores School of Music
Read the full newsletter here: https://goo.gl/6y5waz
There is still time to submit a proposal for MDG 31, June 19-22, 2019 at the Mary Immaculate College, Limerick, Ireland. The deadline for proposals has been extended until January 18th. The focus of the colloquium was “Music Education as Social, Cultural, and Political Action.” Click here for the Colloquium website. Click here for the Call for Proposals.
- Assistant Professor (Choral Music Education) – University of Louisville
- String Music Education – East Carolina University
- Coordinator of Music Education – Susquehanna University
- Music Education (Choral Emphasis) – University of Central Arkansas
- General Music – University of Missouri St. Louis
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Music Education and Director of Bands – University of West Florida
Read the full newsletter here: https://goo.gl/8s8XqM