MDG is pleased to share the call for papers for an upcoming special edition of ACT: Action, Criticism, and Theory for Music Education. We are also happy to announce the release of a new book release from Lisa J. Lehmberg and C. Victor Fung. We are also happy to share that the ISME World Conference Call for Proposals is now available. Finally, there are numerous job postings and summer opportunities in this edition of the newsletter with fast-approaching deadlines. Read on for more information.
Get engaged! Nominations are still open for the MDG Colloquium Coordinator. This position oversees the annual MDG colloquia; and coordinates with the host(s) and any groups with whom we are collaborating. Nominations will remain open until filled. Please send nominations to Juliet Hess, Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call for Papers for ACT Special Edition on Music Education in the Age of Capitalist Realism (Sean Powell, guest editor) – deadline January 1
- Music, Senior Centers, and Quality of Life: Lisa J. Lehmberg & C. Victor Fung
Conferences, Workshops, & Calls
- ISME World Conference Call for Proposals now open!
- Australian Society for Music Education Conference – Music Unleashed
- World Music Pedagogy Summer Series
- Assistant Professor of Music Education, North Carolina Central University – deadline May 31
- Assistant Professor of Music (Education), Bethune-Cookman University
- Visiting Lecturer in Choral Conducting and Music Education, University of Maryland, Baltimore County – deadline May 22
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Music Learning and Teaching, Arizona State University – deadline June 4
- Visiting Lecturer, Music Education, University of North Texas
- Lecturer in Music Education, Indiana University South Bend – deadline June 9
Read the full newsletter here: https://conta.cc/3nXB0OS