The MayDay Group is pleased to share a newsletter with you that is full of calls for proposals: Special Issues of MUSICultures, Journal of Popular Music Education, and Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts; conferences including the International Association for the Society of Popular Music (Canada and US chapters), Georgia Music Educators Conference (GMEA), New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) and Ontario Music Educators’ Association (OMEA); and book chapters for Modern Musicology and the College Classroom – Crossover, Exchange, Appropriation: Navigating Stylistic Boundaries in the Music History Classroom.
Conferences & Calls
- MUSICultures – Special Issue on Anti-Racist Pedagogies: Meghan Forsyth, Marcia Ostashewski, and Daniel Akira Stadnicki, guest editors
- Feminist Theory and Music Conference – deadline today!
- Starting Over? Popular Music and Working in Music in a Post-Pandemic World – International Association for the Study of Popular Music (IASPM) Canada
- Grooves and Movements – International Association for the Study of Popular Music (IASPM) United States
- Modern Musicology and the College Classroom – Crossover, Exchange, Appropriation: Navigating Stylistic Boundaries in the Music History Classroom, Esther Morgan-Ellis, volume editor
- Georgia Music Educators Association (GMEA) In-Service Conference
- Two Special Issues of Journal of Popular Music Education: Music Technology and Popular Music Education, adam patrick bell and Leila Adu-Gilmore, guest editors; Any Sound You Can (Re) Imagine, A 25th Anniversary Special Issue, Dan Walzer, guest editor
- 2021 New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) Winter Conference
- Con Fuoco 2021 – Ontario Music Educators’ Association Conference
- Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts Special Issue on Cultural and Racial Issues
- Associate / Full Professor – Music and Music Education Program, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Associate Professor or Professor (with tenure) in Critical Perspectives in Arts-Based Educational Research – University of British Columbia
- Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, Music Education – Bienen School of Music, Northwestern University
Read the full newsletter here: https://conta.cc/3nuC1LP