The MayDay Group is delighted to share a book announcement for The Oxford Handbook of Social Media and Music Learning, edited by Janice Waldron, Stephanie Horsley, and Kari Veblen. Congratulations!
There are numerous virtual events coming up, so mark your calendars: a webinar on Critical Pedagogy in Music Teacher Education, an American Orff-Schulwerk Association Virtual Symposium, Narrative Inquiry in Music Education (NIME8) conference, and Fostering Wellbeing in Times of Global Crisis conference. There are also calls for the ISPME Seminar for Graduate Students, ISME Decolonising and Indigenising Music Education, and Smithsonian Pathways.
The Council for Research in Music Education and AERA Division K are soliciting nominations for awards. Nominations are also open for the Popular Music Education SIG of ISME. Finally, there are several positions open, at University of San Diego, Mississippi State University, Oakland University, Wayne State University, and Southwest Baptist University.
- The Oxford Handbook of Social Media and Music Learning, edited by Janice Waldron, Stephanie Horsley, and Kari Veblen
- Webinar: Critical Pedagogy in Music Teacher Education – Nov. 11
- American Orff-Schulwerk Association Virtual Symposium – Nov. 13-14
- Narrative Inquiry in Music Education (NIME8) – June 13-15
- Fostering Wellbeing in Times of Global Crisis: Virtual Conference Call for Participation – July 5-7
Conferences & Calls
- International Society for the Philosophy of Education (ISPME) -International Seminar for Graduate Students
- International Society for Music Education (ISME) Decolonising and Indigenising Music Education SIG – Call for Chapters
- Learning Pathways – Smithsonian Folkways
- Music and Movement Virtual Conference: Call for Proposals
- Frontiers Research Topic on Music During the COVID-19 Pandemic – Deadline Extended!
Nominations & Awards
- The Council for Research in Music Education Outstanding Dissertation Award
- Chair, Popular Music Education SIG – International Society for Music Education
- Division K Awards – American Educational Research Association
- Diversity Postdoctoral Faculty Program (Vocal/Choral) – University of San Diego
- Assistant Professor (Flute and Music Education) – Mississippi State University
- Assistant Professor of Music Education (Choral) – Oakland University
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Music Education (Instrumental) – Wayne State University
- Assistant Professor of Music (Director of Instrumental Studies) – Southwest Baptist University
Read the full newsletter here: https://conta.cc/3miEpRT