The MayDay Group is seeking two at-large members for the MayDay Group Steering Committee. At-large members are elected in even-numbered years for six-year terms. Nominations will be open until August 15, 2020 and online elections will be held after that. The Chair of the Steering Committee is selected from its at-large members. Nominations and self-nominations are welcome. See below for more details.
Congratulations to MDG member Lauren K. Richerme on the publication of her book, Complicating, Considering, and Connecting Music Education! Information on this, as well as the International Symposium on the Sociology of Music Education (ISSME), the ABLE Assembly, and MISTEC 2020, can be found below along with other calls for proposals and position vacancies.
- Nominations: MayDay Group Steering Committee
- Book Announcement: Complicating, Considering, and Connecting Music Education by Lauren K. Richerme
Conferences & Calls
- 12th Biennial International Symposium on the Sociology of Music Education (ISSME)
- ABLE Assembly: Arts Better the Lives of Everyone
- Music in Schools and Teacher Education Commission (MISTEC) 2020 Virtual Seminar
- Florida Music Director
- Assistant Lecturer of Music Education Ball State University
Read the full newsletter here (https://conta.cc/3i61eHq) and see the MayDay Group Newsletter’s new look!
If you have something to contribute, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.