The MayDay Group is seeking two at-large members for the MayDay Group Steering Committee. At-large members are elected in even-numbered years for six-year terms. Nominations will be open until August 15, 2020 and online elections will be held after that. The Chair of the Steering Committee is selected from its at-large members. Nominations and self-nominations are welcome. See below for more details.
In this edition of the newsletter, you can find calls for special issues of Music Education Research, CAML Review, Journal of Critical Thought and Praxis, the International Association for the Study of Popular Music (IASPM) Journal, and the Choral Journal of the American Choral Directors Association. The International Journal of Research in Choral Singing seeks nominations for the Editorial Board and Associate Editor/Editor.
There are also calls for proposals for Music, Mediation, and Disability: Representation and Access and Music, Sound, and Trauma: Interdisciplinary Perspectives. For those planning on attending the ISME General Assembly, you can find information on this below.
- Nominations: MayDay Group Steering Committee
- International Society for Music Education (ISME) General Assembly
Conferences & Calls
- Music Education Research – Special Issue: The Digital ‘Turn’ in Music Education
- CAML Review – Special issue on the impact of Covid-19 on music communities
- Journal of Critical Thought and Praxis
- International Journal of Research in Choral Singing (IJRCS) – Editorial Board and Associate Editor/Editor
- Choral Journal Research Report Submissions – American Choral Directors Association (ACDA)
- Music, Mediation, and Disability: Representation and Access
- International Association for the Study of Popular Music (IASPM) Journal Special Issue – Crises at Work: Potentials for Change?
- Music, Sound, and Trauma: Interdisciplinary Perspectives
- W2-Professur für Musikpädagogik: Hochschule für Musik und Tanz Köln
Read the entire newsletter here: https://conta.cc/2ZOgMZa