The Editorial and Production teams of Action, Criticism, and Theory for Music Education are pleased to announce that ACT 19(1) is now online at http://act.maydaygroup.org/current-issue/. This issue features an historical document from MayDay Group co-founder Tom Regelski (first written in 1993). To read more about Tom Regelski and the MayDay Group, MDG members can check out this Wikipedia link to his work, established by a former student of Tom’s and recently accepted by Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Adam_Regelski
Below, you can find information on the 2021 Desert Skies Symposium on Research in Music Learning and Teaching, Louisiana Music Educators Association Professional Development Conference, and Re-Envisaging Music: Listening in the Visual Age. There are also calls for Engaging Students Volume 8: Beyond Western Musicalities and a special issue of Notes on digital humanities and music pedagogy. Additionally, there is information on position vacancies at Briar Cliff University, Douglas College, and the Manitoba Band Association.
- Action, Criticism, and Theory for Music Education 19(1) Now Online!
- Art of Teaching Music Summit – May 28-29, 2020
- Conn-Selmer Institute – Creating a Culture of Musical Excellence – June 8-9, 2020
- 2021 Desert Skies Symposium on Research in Music Learning and Teaching
- Engaging Students, Volume 8: Beyond Western Musicalities
- Special Issue of Notes – Digital Humanities and Music Pedagogy
- Louisiana Music Educators Association Professional Development Conference
- Re-Envisaging Music: Listening in the Visual Age
- International Society for Music Education – Editors, Co-Editors, Editorial Boards
- Director of Choral Activities – Briar Cliff University
- Director of Performing & Fine Arts – Douglas College
- Executive Director – Manitoba Band Association