Congratulations to MDG member Juliet Hess on the publication of her book, Music Education for Social Change: Constructing an Activist Music Education, as well as to MDG members David J. Elliott, Marissa Silverman, and Gary E. McPherson on their edited book The Oxford Handbook of Philosophical and Qualitative Assessment in Music Education.
The MayDay Group is also pleased to share news of the inaugural issue of theInternational Journal of Music in Early Childhood; and of a new publishing space for eBooks and eMaterials in music education, F-flat Books. F-flat Bookslaunches this month with three texts by Gareth Dylan Smith, Matt Clauhs, and Sarah Gulish. There is also news below about the 2019 AES High School Audio Educators Conference, the ISME South Asia Regional Conference, and several position vacancies.
The full newsletter includes:
- Book Announcement – Music Education for Social Change: Constructing an Activist Music Education, by Juliet Hess
- Book Announcement – The Oxford Handbook of Philosophical and Qualitative Assessment in Music Education edited by David J. Elliott, Marissa Silverman, and Gary E. McPherson
- eBooks and eMaterials Publisher Launch – F Flat Books
- Inaugural Issue – International Journal of Music in Early Childhood
Conferences & Calls
- 2019 AES High School Audio Educators Conference
- The 2nd International Society for Music Education (ISME) South Asia Regional Conference
- Assistant Professor & Director of Bands – Murray State University
- Assistant Lecturer in Education (Music Education) – Mary Immaculate College
- Temporary Instructor, Orchestra and String Education – Arkansas State University
Read the full newsletter here: http://bit.ly/2XVkEs9